The Gift: A novel

My project for www.nanowrimo.org A man finds himself alone on a paradisical island where has has no need to work to support himself. His life is spent transforming the island.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, United States

I am an awkward, stubborn, slightly insane woman who would rather talk Plato than Prada, rather watch Frank Capra than Carrie Bradshaw, and rather listen to Norse myths sung in Icelandic than anything currently on the radio. Yeah. Told you I was weird.

|

Monday, November 29, 2004

Disclaimers!

Yes, I realize that this is a pretty bad novel. But it's at least a novel that's out of my head and onto paper, which means that it has a chance of being a decent novel. Maybe.
Secondly, I fully intend to post translations of all my obscure quotes from other languages. Just don't expect it this week.

And finally, PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS! Really! I will take them into consideration!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks good from what I have seen. Do you have somewhere that I can download the whole book to read right through please?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I was the anonymous poster, now logged in after finding my password

5:12 PM  
Blogger Joi said...

Almunday:

Thanks for the comments! And no, it doesn't exist anywhere but in this blog, and the much marked-up hardcopy I have.

BTW, how'd you find this blog? It's pretty obscure!

Also, I clicked on your Blogger handle to see where else you posted, and I saw something called the Anglo-Orthodox alliance? That sounds interesting, what is it?

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't take my comments seriously. What do I know?

Started reading from the begining. Found it hard to follow till I reread it, and can now see what you are trying to do. Could it be improved by transitioning into the bits about arthur? The flashbacks were confusing too. Up to Ch 7.

Is it availible in linear form or do I need to read it backwards?

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com